Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Troll

Last night was frikkin' awesome. After I did some research towards my PhD, I went to two Ruxmon lectures given by some people I know, Silvio and Laurent. Great talks. After that, I went to Billboards to catch Finntroll's first tour down here in Australia. They played Brisbane last night. And one word ARRRRRRRRGgggGGGHHHHHH. It was frikkin' nuts. Hummpa/folk/black metal from Finnland mostly sung in Sweedish! Lots-o fun, and the two opening acts, the local Obsidieth provided some nice modern thrash with some folkiness to it, while the Perth-based Claim the Throne played some great battle metal/folk metal.

It was the first time I had ever been to a concert, whereby I first give the venue my ticket, a crappy-printed out ticket, and after the gig they hand out true-printed-out tickets, as if you were to have bought the tickets via mail-order... great memorabilia!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment