Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

TBL in Melb

So I was lucky enough to hear the highly regarded Tim Berners-Lee speak here in Melbourne today. In fact, it's kinda neat that I have his name hyper-linked in the previous sentence. His talk covered openness of data and the Aaron Swartz story. I wanted to ask a few questions, but I held off. I wanted to know what browser he uses, and what are the content/site(s) he has loaded-up in his browser. I also wanted to ask if he composes html-formatted email (a sure sign of the devil). Anyways, that's it for this post.

-Matt

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can contact him on the world wide web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard him at LCA. TBL's keynote was an incoherent stream of half-finished sentences said twice, punctuated by enough ands and buts to make up the time. Easily the worst I've heard in 8 years of LCA. That he did an incredible thing once doesn't mean he's worth listening to today.

    Can't believe this guy charged $200k for his AU/NZ tour. Can't believe one of the sponsors pulled out, leaving an individual (Pia Waugh) to shell out $20k of her own money in order to guarantee his appearance. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete