Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

That's a weiner!

Soooooo, I felt like I needed to score a new pair of pants, so I went to the closeout-store and got some cheap-o black corduroys. I need to get rid of my other pants that I do not wear too often, to keep things simple. I'm not a fan of acquiring new possessions. Anyways, so after I scored some pants, I decided to go to the little market store deal. As I made my way to the store, I heard some people cheering. Then.... yes.... then.... I saw two dudes pants-less riding their bicycles. Well, ya know, this is Melbourne, so I didn't think too much of it, other than, right on dude! All this craziness while I'm carrying my new pants, because I do not see the need for the store to waste a plastic bag on me. Then... more... a whole parade, women, men, some with pants, some without, frikkin' naked just riding their bikes down the road. I kinda cheered and waved my pants at them. Welcome to Melbourne. Turns out, today is Melbourne's World Naked Bike Ride. Way-cool. I guess it takes some balls to ride a bike in public.

-Matt

2 comments:

  1. I've taken part in the Melbourne leg (arf) of World Naked Bike Ride for the past four years now. You can't believe how much of a buzz you get from riding down the street with hundreds of people on either side cheering, and taking pictures and wearing ear-to-ear grins. It's *definitely* the most fun I've ever had on two wheels! Sadly I couldn't do it this year because I had something else on I couldn't avoid. But next year I'll be back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Well, I must say, I can sorta understand the liberation of going pantsless. I once walked the dog without pants on... in the winter... But then again, there are unusual things you can do when you live/grew-up in the middle of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete